A designer with strong production, and pre-press skills who thrives in a deadline-driven work environment. Known for being creative, flexible, organized, and dependable.
Freelance Graphic/Web Designer
2001 – Present
Please see my home page for a full list of clients and projects.
Whistler Off Road Cycling Association, 2008-2010
Design all promotional material including the website, newsletters, posters, and print advertising. Help plan numerous events throughout the summer including over 30 annual cycling races, the Spring bike swap, skills clinics, group events, and much more.
The Pique Newsmagazine, Whistler, BC, 2007-2008
Worked in the production department as an ad designer as well as relief production manager for a weekly arts & culture news magazine.
Immersivision Interactive Technologies, Whistler, BC, 2006-2007
ImmersiVision Interactive Technologies
Coordinated efforts between production and marketing departments, freelance photographers, and contract computer programmers while developing an innovative online media player for the tourism industry. Trained and supervised production staff in digital image editing as well as creating virtual tours, videos, and Flash media for the Internet.
Netcorps/Canada World Youth
2005 – 2006
Sponsored by the Canadian government, Netcorps/Canada World Youth provides overseas work placements in the field of information and communication technologies with a focus on community development.
- Publishing Centre, National University of “Ostroh Academy”
Planned and taught multilingual workshops for university staff and students. Topics included: Photoshop, Flash and Dreamweaver. Created an online database of all items published by the centre in the past 10 years.
- Graphic/Web Designer
- Briarpatch Magazine, Regina, SK
Redesigned the magazine’s website and created promotional material based on the image established online. (The website has since been changed. Please see the original design here). Converted the production workflow from PageMaker to InDesign. Taught Dreamweaver and InDesign to production staff and trained them in the use of correct document formats and settings for the publishing industry.
Pacific Rim Magazine, Langara College, Vancouver, BC, 2005
Managed the production department for a four-colour, 64 page magazine, which was distributed with The Globe and Mail. Prepared all files for press, colour-corrected images, created and flightchecked PDFs, evaluated proofs, and attended press checks. Directly supervised a team of eight people. Ensured a smooth workflow by effective communication with the printer, photographers, and Editorial, Advertising, and Art Departments.
Pacific Rim Magazine
Langara College, Vancouver, BC, 2004 – 2005
• Designed a website promoting the 2005 issue of Pacific Rim Magazine.
• Wrote the cover story for the 2005 issue.
• Designed a feature spread in the magazine for the Art Department.
Bachelor of Environmental Design, Honours Program (B.En.D.)
University of British Columbia, 2008 – 2010
• Top graduating student in the Environmental Design program.
Diploma in Publishing (Dip.Pub.)
Langara College, 2004 – 2005
• Awarded the Governor General’s Bronze Medallion for being the top graduating student in the college.
• Twice awarded the Langara Faculty Association Scholarship for being the top student in a career program.
INTERESTS / ACHIEVEMENTS
• Love for the outdoors (ski touring, rock, ice and alpine climbing, mountain biking)
• Fluent in French
• Standard Wilderness First Aid (40 hours)
• Flat Water Canoe Certification, Levels 1 – 4
• Canadian Association for Disabled Skiing, Level 1
• Canadian Association of Snowboard Instructors, Level 1